- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page. You cannot be identified from this aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
How do we use your personal information?We may use information you give to us in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to process your payments, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about SLX, and other of our services that may interest you;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
We may use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to administer our site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our product and site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
Your choicesYou have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. If you do not want to receive news and updates from us, please click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email, or contact us: info (at) slxlearning (dot) comYou will continue to receive any essential emails regarding your MasteringIndia account.Cookies and other technologiesWhen you visit MasteringIndia, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device.Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to MasteringIndia, and will last for longer.Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into your User account.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to customise elements of the layout and/or content of pages for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data and request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.